LDC Online Guest User Agreement
LDC-Online is designed to provide you and other LDC members with
convenient access to LDC data for research purposes. In many cases,
our agreements with information providers require that each
individual researcher agree explicitly to certain conditions before
gaining access to the data. Therefore, we request that you carefully
read the terms and conditions of this license before clicking on the
"accept" button below. When you click the "accept" button you are
consenting to be bound by and are becoming a party to this agreement.
If you do not agree to all of the terms of this agreement, click the
"do not accept" button and do not use the software.
The Linguistic Data Consortium grants to you a license to use this
data subject to the following understandings, terms and conditions:
- Permitted Uses.
- This data may only be used for non-commercial linguistic education, research and technology development.
- Small excerpts of text or audio data from LDC-Online materials may
be displayed to others or published in a scientific or technical
context, solely for the purpose of describing the research and
related issues. Statistics and other summaries of LDC-Online
materials may also be published in the same context. Except for such
publication of small excerpts or statistical summaries in scientific
or technical works, neither LDC-Online materials themselves, nor
access to them, may be sold or transferred to others.
- Access by Individuals affiliated with an LDC Member organization.
- To access this data, you must be a staff member, faculty, student, consultant, or
individual providing service or doing research at an organization
that is a member of the LDC, and you must agree to the terms and provisions of your organization's Membership
agreement. You must terminate your access when
these conditions no longer apply.
- Except as specifically permitted above the display, reproduction,
transmission, distribution or publication of the these databases is
- Violations of this agreement may result in suspension of access to LDC Online and legal liability.